[Dailydrool] Doggy doors and the basset500 track.....

Suzanne Wilson sluvs2quilt at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 10:35:51 PDT 2008

Well, being the good slave that I try to be, I thought it would be a great
thing if Joey Ramone had his own door to go in and out of.  Having only
glass doors and no fenced in area for Joey to go to through a door anyway,
we opted to put in a wall doggy door.  Cut a 10x15 hole in my wall to fit a
doggy door in.......10x15......lets ponder that a minute.......10x15.....my
husband fits through it, never mind the fact that my son follows Joey out
the doggy door!! Ok, over the shock of the size now and the $130 bill for
the door.....we install it with much apprehension. You see, when we got Joey
my husband built him this sweet dog house, took hours.....Joey stands at the
door and barks inside! He won't go in the house! I had much worry that he
would not use this doggy door. But after lots of treats and a special ramp,
he started to use it and then proceeded to go just outside the door and come
right in thinking he would get treats and he did! At first...I then realized
I was being played/trained. Well now......nobody on this board ever
mentioned a door such as this becoming part of the Basset500 track. Joey
will run outside, do 3 circles around the tree, come flying in the doggy
door, a couple rounds around the coffee table, back out, 3 times around the
tree, back in.....well, I think you see where I am going with this. All the
while grunting as he runs. Now, he has started stealing things from the
bathroom counter......and hiding them.......in the dirt.....outside.....
buried. Every 2 hours or so he will go out and get them, bring it in to
taunt me and then run back outside only to bury them in another spot. My
comb, toothbrushes, toothpaste...doesn't matter. I USED to have him trained
to drop it......now, when I say drop it, he runs outside!!! With the item!
He never did any of this until the door was put in. So, I'm wondering.....if
this is normal behavior......what qualifies for OEBE?!?

Lots of drool for all the houndies and slaves in need. Welcome to the new
buppies!

Suzanne -who is wondering if this door was such a great idea.........but
loves the freedom of it
Joey Ramone -who loves the fact he now has an extension on his track.....