[Dailydrool] barking deterrants

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 4 08:33:11 PDT 2008

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience good or bad with the
anti-bark devices.  I have 3 dogs now and one of them has become a barker.
He barks at the neighbors and anyone or anything in the neighbor's yard
constantly.  I work at home and the sound of a barking dog drives me
absolutely nuts, especially when its my own dog!  I do not want him to
transfer this annoying behavior on to the other two.  I went online to
Petsafe.com and they have an antibark birdhouse, believe it or not. It looks
like a normal birdhouse but when the dog barks, apparently it emits a high
frequency noise that only the dog can hear and supposedly this will stop
them from barking. ??  They already wear the Invisible Fence collar so I
really can't put a second collar on to prevent the barking so that's not
really an option. Then there's the device that looks like a remote that you
can control remotely which again emits the high frequency noise.  I'm just
wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of these.

Tina and

Millie the lab

Buddy the mutt (a/k/a "the barker")

Reba the basset