[Dailydrool] Tri-State Basset Olympics

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 15:58:10 PDT 2008

Today, I had the best time that I have had in a very long time.  I got to attend the Tri-State basset Olympics, in Wantagh, LI.  I send my great thanks to Rich and Dawn for making the journey and for the great basset crap they sell.  Many thanks to Walli for organizing and running the show.  Many thanks to Sue and Mike for their great grill skill - it was the best hot dog EVER!!!!!!  Many thanks to Dave the announcer (I think his name is Dave), because I laughed out loud all afternoon, and was not ashamed of it - did you ever think of radio dj or stand up comedy??? Many thanks to the volunteers who I recognize, but don't know all the names yet.  Many thanks to Sharon, Ellie and Amanda for letting me pet your beautiful and sweet hounds.  Many thanks to my sister who stayed with Mom so I could stay for the whole event for a change.  This afternoon was like a week's vacation in pleasure points, and despite the fact that Dawn thinks I was having a shopping feeding frenzy and belong in basset crap anonymous, I save all year for this event and the spring event, and it is planned well within the budget.  And to all the droolers and non droolers who were there, thank you to you as well for playing the games and for making the day so much fun.I took a bunch of pictureshttp://web.me.com/jchazeyTri-State Basset OlympicsThanks also to Rich and Dawn for transporting my Phred Red wine.  I opened a bottle to share with my sister in celebration of my vacation and to ease her pain (Mom kinda wore her out), and we both agree that this wine is fabulous.  So, thank you to Robert also.Happy sigh,Jackie and the paws who missed me, and I missed them.  It is rare I am away from them for more than an hour at a time!!!!