[Dailydrool] Addie's into Recycling...

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 5 12:55:17 PDT 2008

Our family room looks like a daycare center with dog toys strewn from one end to the other.  I probably have $500 invested in various stuffies, rawhides, bones, rings, rubbery things, etc.  Not all of the toys are available all the time, because some are in the wash and others are put away until it's time to switch them out, but we do have quite a collection of dog toys.

  So, given all of the nifty things to play with, what does Addie find most entertaining when she is NOT kangarooing herself around the house?  An old Liption's Iced Tea bottle--sans lid and plastic ring around the neck.  She absolutely loves the crackly sound it makes when she bites it.  An added bonus to this is the bottles are nicely crushed after an evening's play, and they fit ever so much better in our recycling bin.

  My Mom says it's kind of like a kid with a new toy....the box it came in is more interesting than the toy.

  Addie is selective about her bottles, though.  She only likes the crinkly-soft plastic bottles that water and the iced tea come in.  She won't play with a Gatorade bottle, and she really doesn't like the plastic milk jugs.  I guess they just don't make the same delightfully annoying sound.

  Lisa Metzler
  Penelope, Jasmine, Pelly, and Addie Who's Gone Green

    L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX
  toppogigio at yahoo.com

  "A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum
    "If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney