[Dailydrool] Moving the dogs

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Mon Oct 6 05:52:40 PDT 2008

After nearly 13 years in Connecticut, it looks like we'll be moving and I have a few dog concerns.  We'll be moving the 2 bassets and the (very) senior golden.  I think the Bassets will adapt, Gallagher just loves car rides.  MacKenzie will whine for the first few hours!  It's an 11 hour trip to North Carolina - assuming we can get through Virginia without major traffic.  We won't be moving for a few months, but I'd like to have a vet all lined up for when we get there.  How does one find a good Basset Vet?  (Southport NC)  Also, what recommendations for taking a senior, arthritic dog on a long car ride.  He loves the car, but I worry about him getting in and out of the car for potty stops?