[Dailydrool] Lowretta's Gotcha Day

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Mon Oct 6 06:33:10 PDT 2008

I consider it pretty amazing when you adopt a rescue dog and are able to have their "real" birthday to go along with it.  I currently have two rescue dogs that I know the exact day they were born.  In July on Lowretta's birthday we had a huge pawty all weekend with friends, family, hounds and even one of her siblings.

There's just one thing in the life of a rescue dog that trumps the birthday, and that's the Gotcha Day.  It is the most special day in the life of the houndie and the family because from that day forward one has found a forever home and the other has found a forever friend.

I can't believe it's been a year since we drove to Menzie's to pick up Lowretta.   I sat in the back of the Element with the seats folded down and loved on her all the way home.  She threw up numerous times but I didn't care.  She was the sweetest buppy I had ever seen.  It's been a wonderful, wonderful year with her.  We have seen her grow into quite a lovely lady.  She is maturing waaaay too fast, becoming the "mama" since we got six-month old Lillie Pearl last month.

 Happy First Gotcha Day, my beautiful, sweet, loving girl.  We won't have the big shindig we had for the birthday, but Lowretta will know today is a very special day.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Lillie Pearl, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)