[Dailydrool] Animal Planet at Daphneyland - November 5, 2008

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 12:45:45 PDT 2008

Greetings happy basset hounds and their foodslaves....

We have some really exciting news for all our Alumni Hounds - and perhaps a  few that aren't!!
Animal Planet has asked us to participate in one of their shows, and we  will be filming here at the Ranch on November 5, 2008.

The filming will be an all day event, as well as regular kennel daily  duties, so helping hands are needed.
The shoot is premised on the following educational items:

*Pack socialization
*Bonding
*Basic Obedience
*Nutrition
*Rescue
*Microchipping

We will need an additional 20 or so Tri colored hounds......  if you  can volunteer for the day with your "other hound" friendly hound, please drop an  email to me at:
_Basset911 at aol.com_ (mailto:Basset911 at aol.com)  or talk to us  at THE BASSET HOUND PICNIC on 10/19 in Arcadia park!!

Details at:
_www.bhcsc.com_ (http://www.bhcsc.com)

One of the reasons we are asking our adoptive families to participate, is  most adoptive hounds have been socialized and worked with in a pack of  100.  In the weeks leading up to the AP taping, we will once again work the  hounds in the "Ranch Run" mode, and hands on volunteers will be needed to  assist.

In addition; the weekend prior to November 5, we will be holding a bath  day, and grooming all hounds on site - we will need volunteers to help with Bath  Day as well -

The front fenced in area will need weed whacking and some minor fence  repairs as well as rock placement in order to contain the hounds during the  shoot with a pack of 100 bassets -  We will need to get the basics done  sometime this month, with a minor trim and fix immediately before the  filming.

Be a part of history - 100 hounds on camera at one time - pack  socialization at its finest.....

If you are a rescue group nationwide, please make sure your listing is up  to date at:
( _www.bassethoundrescue.com_ (http://www.bassethoundrescue.com)   )
Part of this educational package is that BaRNIatDaphneyland will be linked  to Animal Planets website, and we would like to be able to send people to their  local rescue group!!  Get those updates in!!!

There will be several email updates this week -
Hope to see everyone up here AND at the Picnic on 10/19!!!!

Dawn of the West and the Hounds of Daphneyland
_www.barniatdaphneyland.org_ (http://www.barniatdaphneyland.org)
661 269-2682

**************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)