[Dailydrool] Word a Day Definition - Snood!

Lisa Rendina lrendina at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 10 06:02:07 PDT 2008

This definition popped up in my husband's in box from his word a day email...

Snood

Meaning:
noun:  1.  A fleshy appendage over the beak of a turkey.  2.  A net for holding a woman's hair at the back of her head.  3.  A net for holding a basset hound's ears up and away from the food bowl so they don't get all icky and slimy so the slave doesn't have a fit when the basset slings food laced drool all over the walls!

Usage:
1.  Bingo never wore a snood since his ears where too short to get into his food.

(OK, so I modified the definition a bit to include the basset related definition.)

Does anyone have any other interesting or imaginative ways of defining "snood"?   Would be fun to hear someone's funny interpretaiton!

Lisa