[Dailydrool] imitation furminator

Danielle L dll1013 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 06:19:03 PDT 2008

For those of you who can't bear to shell out the money for the furminator.  They carry a generic version at Walmart and I saw it at Petsmart too.  But I believe it was $10 more at Petsmart.  Walmart had it for (I wanna say) $19.  And it works great.  My friend has a furminator which I borrowed prior to getting the generic one and it works the same.

And an update on our Sammy.  We had wrote not that long ago about his aggression issues.  We went and visited the animal sancituary, and it's a no go for Sammy.  We jsut didn't feel it was a good fit for him or us!  So we are going to take it one day at a time with him.  And he has actually been pretty good lately since we haven't been taking him to daycare.  I wonder if the constantly taking him there confused him and made him worry we weren't ever coming back to get him.  Last night I was putting his harness on and when I got it on, I checked to make sure it wasn't caught on his dew claws or anything, and felt it was twisted.  So I went to untwist it and must have pinched him slightly...and he made a "ow" sound and flinched a bit, but didn't make a move to bite!  So that was great...baby steps I guess!  We celebrated his birthday and last week was his Gotcha day...I still can't believe we've made it one whole year with Sam!  Cross your
 fingers/paws for us, today is vet day for Sammy and that is a traumatic experience for all.  I think we are going to try having him get his shots and what not without us in the room.  And I will be asking the vet about all the possible aggression triggers that several droolers suggested!

Thanks again!
Danielle
mom to Pheebe & Sammy
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/336330