[Dailydrool] Lots of stuff

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 06:28:14 PDT 2008

First we would like to extend our thoughts and prayers and lots of drool to all those hounds in need, for the wonderful hounds that have made their way to Rainbow Bridge?and to all their slaves too!

Trixie our foster is very smart - as stated before she is a great counter surfer and I have found a real good escape artist.? It was such a beautiful day in Ohio yesterday I thought I would finally break down and give all the girls a bath.? Well our foster Trixie was the last one and she was great as I bathed her.? She let me dry her off and for whatever reason I clipped her collar back on...just a feeling I had yesterday since I normally leave them off until they are all dry....well I let her out of the bathroom and you could hear the gals running the basset 500 as I was mopping of the water and hair in the bathroom when I suddenly heard "the bark" from the girls....it's the bark that there is something not right.? I grabbed a towel since I was also in the shower and ran outside yelling for Trixie...she was no where insight...panic started to set in....ran back into the house, threw on whatever clothes were available, keys, purse and by this time my inhaler since I was panic wheezing!? I couldn't figure out how she could have gotten out except jumping on the lawn chair and leaping over the fence, which in my mind wasn't a stretch since a few weeks back we found her on the roof!??I left the other girls out, flew into the car yelling for Trixie...keep in mind that Trix is my foster, found as a stray 2 months ago? - a gal on the run for a while and that OBR named her so I don't think she really has adjusted to that name!? In any case I went one way down the street and didn't see her so I turned around and went down the other and down the side street we are close to....fortunately a neighbor heard me yelling and yelled back...is Trixie a Basset?? I backed the car up and Joel and his son had her on a leash and she was so happy to see me!? He said she was playing with his German Shepard and was such?a friendly dog.? She promptly jumped in the car and I thanked them so very much.? I am too old for that type of excitement!? Upon our return I kept her on the leash as I walked around the yard to see how she got out in th

e first place.? Low and behold over the weekend hubby cut down a huge limb from the neighbors tree and didn't cut the end closest to the fence like he should of and when it fell it hit the fence loosening the gate.? The little imp pushed on the bottom and squeezed her bottom out.? Ahhhhh!!!!? She hadn't even looked at that gate until I gave her a bath....think that must have been some sort of tramautic experience in her life before...or as Basset was just mad!? I am just glad to have her back safe and sound!

Nail trimming - all the girls hate it!? I have struggled with it but in the end I usually end of taking them to the groomer or vet.? With mula tight however this weekend might be a hold um down and just do it with hubby....we'll see!

And finally I just want to say Thank You to all you droolers...in this time of turmoil and uncertainty in the world and especially in the United States the Daily Drool demonstrates community works!? Whether its help with an issue, support in time of need or just having a laugh the Drool is there.? We all have to change our way of thinking and working as partners in a community is a great way to start.?? Thanks for being there for me and the girls and all other Droolers.? I feel blessed that I am a part of this great community.? The Drool is proof that community and helping each other works!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Princess and Trixie our Foster
(Sierra ATB 2.6.08)