[Dailydrool] Della and the contractor--OY!

Heidi I Sarver sarvermb at UDel.Edu
Wed Oct 15 19:20:49 PDT 2008

Well I suppose it was bound to happen and should have happened ages
ago.  Today was NOT a good day in the Sarver household.

We're in the middle of a major renovation to the master bathroom (a
project that I planned for long before the economic disaster we're
now all facing so not killing me just yet) and we're now well into
week 3 with at least another 4 weeks to go.  (let's just say that
when you gut a 40 year old bathroom that has never been touched you
find all sorts of special surprises...oy!!!)

Buford hasn't had a problem with any of the ongoing events.  Guinness
just goes outside and comes home at dinner time when everything is
over for the day.  Della?  Let's say she's been tolerant...until today.

I got home to find her in the guest bedroom (baby gate in the doorway
so she can watch and doesn't feel penned up) with a mess of massive
proportions around her.  She had pulled all sorts of papers and books
off the dresser and became a living, breathing, paper shredder!  I
freaked out of course because she's been so incredibly good all this
time.

After cleaning up and saw I had voice mail.  My contractor leaves
messages on the home phone for me when he knows that I am going to
return after he has left.  He said Della was crying, whimpering, and
barking all afternoon while I was gone (about 4 hours), something she
has never done in all the time he has been here.  He went on to say
that he saw she was destroying things so he gathered it up as best he
could, took her out to see if that would quiet her, etc.  At first it
did not but eventually she fell asleep and he kept checking on her,
saw she was ok and didn't bother calling my cell or the vet.

He ended the message with, "I hope she is alright and I know she
created quite a mess.  But I thought the destruction of the book "How
to live with a neurotic dog" was quite telling."

Poor baby--she was just not happy today.

~~heidi (when is this bathroom going to be done?!)
~~buford (I've been good for 10 seconds can I have another biscuit?)
~~della (MAKE THE INSANITY STOP!!)
~~guinness (I'm outta here....until dinner time of course)