[Dailydrool] Bassets in costumes

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 17:05:29 PDT 2008

Wow, all the photos of bassets in costumes are adorable.  Rosie, you look beautiful.  I also loved the fancy photo shots of the terrific calendar hounds for AZBHR.  The New Year's one, especially.  I couldn't get the third photobucket to play (the one that wasn't just still shots).  You costumers are so clever!

I am more of a utilitarian than competent seamstress with my own sewing maching, but invent "basset clothes" as the need arises (to cover hotspots or surgery sore spots).  I start with ready-made children's clothing and alter it to suit.  I'm working on a soft cotton four-legged "onesie" (jumpsuit) that zips all the way down the basset's back (the dog just stands still on top of it, you pull it up and zip).  I'm making it from two lightweight short-sleeved cotton sweatshirt hoodies (girl's junior size small).  If it works, I'll post pictures and instructions on Photobucket for any other sewing-deficient but motivated Droolers.

Bo and Harley send drool to Elder Clara, to the limping cat, and to any others in need (my memory is beginning to fade).     Val, Bo, and Harley

http://mail.yahoo.com