[Dailydrool] emergency financial help

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 19:02:31 PDT 2008

This sounds like a great organization, but there's a caveat - it's only open to people in New Jersey (or people who can somehow get a vet from N.J. to submit a grant request.

http://saveuspets.org/about_saveuspets/info_pet_owners.html

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)
Contact Me: ----- Original Message ----

This was posted to another list I belong to, and I have obtained
permission to post it along with the follow up.....nancy

I just wanted to let people know about a wonderful organization that
has just made a huge difference in the life of my family. They are
called Save U.S. Pets and information on them can be found on the
Internet at saveuspets.org.
They
are an organization who's sole purpose is funding life-saving treatment
or surgery for otherwise healthy young animals who's owners cannot
afford it.  On 9/27 my dog suffered a horrible accident that would have
proven fatal if not for this wonderful group. He required major surgery
and follow-up treatment well over $ 4,000 and well out of reach for us,
I was faced with the heartbreaking decision to have to put him down,
until a surgical tech at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital told me about
this organization. My dogs time was very limited and they went out of
their way to bring it all together quickly. Draxxus's life was saved
and he is home recuperating with us today thanks only to this wonderful
organization and this
wonderful Veterinary Hospital. Anyone who is
an animal lover can understand what our pets mean to us and how truly
thankful I am to these people for what they have done for us! I just
wanted to sing their praises and let people know that there ARE still
wonderful people in the world!

Yes nancy, I would be happy for the word to spread.  Please feel free
to tell people that Draxxus's accident was the accidental ingenstion of
"gorilla glue", a super bonding agent that expands upon contact and is
ALWAYS fatal to humans and animals alike unless emergency surgery is
done extremely quickly! Draxxus's licked the cap and may have come out
with an 1/8 of a teaspoon, but at the time of his surgery it had
expanded in his stomach to the size of a foot ball that weighed 4
pounds.  His stomach had to be removed, as did his intestines, repaired
and put back, The expanding stomach broke 3 of his ribs, and he was
starving to death as no food could pass the glue. He suffered for 10
days until we could figure out what had happened - and he never
complained once.  Yet, Gorilla glues label states that it is non-toxic,
A claim that they stand by. I am trying to do something about that now
- making them change the labels, more education, Etc. soimething to
feel that somehow this has all been worth it. I rescued this Pit from a
WaWa parking lot on a freezing cold raining night and swore to him he
would always be taken good care of....I am just so very thankful that
he was! I cannot imagine my life without this crazy, cuddling blanket
stealer!   Share Draxxus story with anyone who can benefit from it!
Thanks, Debi Wood