[Dailydrool] Bailey Celebrates His Gotcha Day

Pat Dill padill at starband.net
Tue Oct 21 18:41:25 PDT 2008

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since Bailey came to live with us.  He started out as "just a transport," albeit a long one from Lawrenceville, PA, to Quakertown,PA, into Tri-State territory.  Bailey was the victim of divorce--his owners separated, and the wife and kids moved out of the house, leaving Bailey with the husband who worked extremely long hours and apparently had little time or money to care for Bailey.

Though only nine years old, he was in such poor condition when we picked him up that we didn't have the heart to transport him until he'd been vetted and had a chance to put on some pounds.  That, of course, was the reason that he is still here a year later.  Once they've been here a while, well, we sort of get used to them and have trouble imagining them anywhere else.  Bailey is a high maintenance guy.  He is very jealous of our attentions, grumpy when having being groomed, and has a bladder the size of a pea.  He also suffers from terrible skin allergies so that it seems we are always in a cycle of prednisone administration.  Still, he is always the one who gets up from the soft comfy bed to see where you've gone, lays at (or on) our feet when we are relaxing in a sofa or chair, and does his best to defend his home from every kind of intruder (real or imagined).

To those of you who've found room in your hearts to adopt a homeless dog, we encourage you to celebrate with us Bailey's first Gotcha Day!

Pat Dill & Carol Sharp
Proud to be loved by Rosie, Sadie, Bailey and Sampson