[Dailydrool] rupert's injury - please read tonight if you get this

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 22:51:13 PDT 2008

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. There is pet-safe aspirin you can get at PetSmart. You can also give buffered people aspirin - don't give regular unbuffered aspirin; it can cause major stomach problems.

I hope Rupert is feeling better soon.

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)
Contact Me: ----- Original Message ----

Onto our "issue": Rupert's arm is still bothering him. I thought it was the paw/wrist area over the weekend and he seemed to be getting better so we never ended up going to the vet. He's been getting extra crate rest and minimal play/activity since Sat. But tonight he is in pain. He can't seem to get comfortable and he's crying/moaning. I felt around, applying slight pressure and he yelped when I pushed near his shoulder.

I definitely will go seek vetrinary care tomorrow, but what can I do to help him tonight? Is there any over the counter meds I can give (people or canine)? Should I try to ice it or maybe use a heating pad? I just feel so sorry for him, he's miserable. Is it worth it to go to the ER for a shoulder injury? Its not exactly an emergency but my little man is in pain :(

Please help, thanks a bunch!
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert