[Dailydrool] Monte's very sensitive skin - question for the Drool

Jeanette jwilson at humanesocietytampa.org
Wed Oct 22 08:18:55 PDT 2008

Hi Droolers,

My poor Monte has just been having a horrible spring - summer - fall with
his skin rashes and/or allergies. Just when things seem better, he has
another weird reaction. He had the typical pyoderma/hot spots & has been on
meds for months (I forget which ones). I also switched his dog food to the
Natures Recipe Vegetarian which does not contain wheat or corn. I've used
the Gold Bond powder periodically too. Overall he is much better, but the
past few days I noticed his belly, underarms, & groin area are getting black
spots. It is spreading over a lot of his underside. He is still itching -
not constantly, but periodically. I read about the black areas being
hyperpigmentation which is a "normal reaction of chronic skin irritation" &
it isn't a problem if the skin problems have been resolved. It's really
freaking me out - it just looks so bizarre!  Have any Droolers experienced
this?

Monte is sending drool to everyone in need. And special drool is going to
Rotten Rupert so he can get his paw/shoulder back in shape to continue his
Random Acts of Rottenness :-)

Jeanette & Monte (why am I changing color?)