[Dailydrool] Update of BBR's basset

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 08:53:12 PDT 2008

Susan,

Does the vet take CareCredit? It's a credit card through GE Money, and can be used at many human docs and dentists, as well as vets. It was literally a lifesaver when Waldo needed his surgery.

http://www.carecredit.com/html/guide/practice_areas/veterinary.html

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)----- Original Message ----

The baby basset hit by a car has a collapsed lung,
dislocated shoulder and broken elbow.  Surgery to fix (plus her current
bill) will run $2K.  We do not have the funds to cover this and no way to
raise it in any kind of timely fashion.  Short of euthanizing her for lack
of money--which I would hate--I don't know what to do.   We did have
two donations made yesterday, and while we are sooooo very grateful for this
monetary help, it is literally a drop in the bucket in this case.

If anyone has any "get rich quick" ideas, or if
there is another rescue willing to take this baby (she's a year or so old),
please let me know.  Please cross-post this to others.  We can request
funding from Odie's Fund to pay her bills, but only as a reimbursement and this
vet wants to be paid when services are rendered.

Susan and the Hoptown  Bassets
Murphy,
Jeremiah, Twinkie, Walter, Rusty Paws (ATB),Sammy (ATB), Nellie (ATB), Barney
Boy (ATB) &  Bert(ATB), Bianca(ATB),
Bluegrass Basset Rescue,
Inc
A Basset is an Asset!