[Dailydrool] that reminds me

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Thu Oct 23 11:56:10 PDT 2008

I'm still laughing over Morse running into the neighbors house.  When
Alexandria Mae, my first basset, was a youngster we were in the process
of moving from Cincinnati to Centerville, Ohio.  When the house on a
very quiet cul de sac that we were building was nearly done we took her
up to check out the house and yard.  The house was on a small man-made
lake and directly across from our house was a house with 2 bassets in
the yard.  When the neighbor slaves saw Alexandria Mae they brought
their 2 hounds Elsie and Dudley over to visit.  The hounds wanted to
play so we dropped the leashes and let them play in the back yard.
Unbeknownst to us out in the front of the house our soon to be neighbors
across the cul de sac were in the driveway where their friends had just
pulled up to show off their brand new car they'd just picked up.  The
car owners had gotten out of the car and both front doors were open.
Mind you we had never met any of these people.  All of a sudden the 3
hounds changed direction-did I mention the hounds had been playing at
the edge of the lake and were all wet and muddy-OMG they're headed to
the front yard.  All slaves took off after them and arrived at the front
just in time to see them charge across the cul de sac where Elsie and
Dudley ran under the parked car.  What did Alexandria Mae do you might
ask?  Ah yes, straight through the front seat of the brand new car and
out the other side leaving a beautiful trail of footprints on the lovely
gray upholstery.  I have to admit I was a coward and ran to get my
wayward hound leaving my poor husband at the time to deal with the
neighbors and their friends.  The husband with the new car just said in
amazement, "I saw them coming but never dreamed that one would run
through the car or I'd have shut the door".  We of course offered to
have the upholstery cleaned but what a way to meet the neighbors.