[Dailydrool] Sally

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 20:44:54 PDT 2008

Except that if she's growling and snapping, there's no way to get the leash OFF of her once she's in the laundry room or wherever. I would be very nervous about leaving a leash on a dog all night - even if there's nothing in the room for it to get tangled on, the dog could still get it twisted around her neck and strangle.

I would not treat this as punishment. I would say have your husband lead her to her sleeping room BEFORE she starts growling. He can give her a small treat when she gets there (not a rawhide or chewie to keep her busy - don't want her choking when you're not around to help.) Then she will start looking at it as her normal bedtime arrangement and eventually head there herself without a fuss.

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)
Contact Me: ----- Original Message ----
Then, if she gets snotty at bedtime, DH can
grab the leash, and without risking being bitten, he can march her into a
prepared bathroom or laundry room, and there she stays for the night, no matter
how much she fusses.