[Dailydrool] Maggie

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 09:15:56 PDT 2008

I am about 20 drools behind so sending drool to those who need it.  I am
writing in for some input and suggestions.  Don't read this if you are
eating.  Last night I was up with Oliver (doxie) because he was throwing up
almost every hour.  He greedily chewed on a nylabone and apparently
swallowed big chunks of it.  He kept vomiting them up. I am doing laundry
most of the day thanks to that.  Anyhow, I came down with him at one point
to get cleaning supplies and I remember commenting something smells like
sh*t. I didn't turn on any lights.  Oliver again threw up and the last time
around 6 he threw up on the human bed. I come down to do laundry and turn on
the light. Maggie was having the ashamed look that we never really see from
her.  She had had diarrhea all over about 3/4 of the livingroom.  Last year
at this time frame we almost lost her. She had collitis and I believe it may
have been called ulcerative, but not for certain.  So, I clean up the carpet
and such and start boiling chicken and potatoes because she won't eat rice.
Last year she had picked up an acorn on a walk and ate it. This year she has
only been exposed to what is in the backyard.  There is one tree and it does
not have acorns. There is alot of squirrels that could carry anything in. I
found a full sized corn cob the other day when I was on scooping duty.  She
will be 9 in less than 2 weeks.  She is not on meds, she is eating and going
to the bathroom. She is drinking too.

  Another issue, is that our city just had a boil water advisory due to e
coli being found in one of the water samples.  I either boiled water, gave
them gallon jugs of water or bottled water for the dogs drinking.  They said
it was in the eastern side of the city and only one sample came back like
that. I don't believe that the E coli was even in the water system as it
came from an old water heater that was hooked up, but not used at a place of
business.

Since last night, Maggie has not had an accident in the house.  She is
sleeping more also.  The boys went up to her yesterday and were smelling her
all over and then lingered on smelling her butt.  Not sure if they can smell
that she was getting ill or what ever, but I was witness to that one.

Anyone have any idea or clues as to why the same time of year?  There was
grass found in her stool.  It was alot darker then usual, but then again it
had sat there for however long.  Very cute picture of Nigel and Llewis on
the drool calendar today.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie and Cooper
Mazzie and Oliver (the sick ones)