[Dailydrool] I'm going to:

Shannon R Gerdel pheleant at msn.com
Sat Oct 25 17:57:12 PDT 2008

We send Drool to those who need it, Hound or Human.

Does anyone have any suggestions that will help me get the boys' attention? I had a Chemistry teacher in high school that said he wanted to wire our seats so that when he caught us goofing off, he could just give us a jolt, instead of disrupting the whole class. I don't want to hurt Boomer or Arnie, but is there such a thing as a remote shock collar? I don't want them to stop barking all of the time, just when they go out and bark incessantly at the neighbors cat. If you respond, please cc it to me, as I do not always get to read each DD.

wire Boomer's and Arnie's mouths shut
buy them each a muzzle
make idle threats and swear a lot
lose my voice

        It's not their fault. I don't know what to do. I give up. (not really) The neighbor got a present for his little boy. He's shag carpet orange, and he's Garfield shaped. It's a um, yea, you know........... a c at t. The boys love to bark at him. I looked today, and they have another one. An itty bitty grey one. I have talked to the neighbor, because I am afraid someone will turn me in if Boomer and Arnie keep barking at this cat. He said that they could get rid of the cat. I have awesome neighbors, the one with the cat takes care of the driveway and sidewalk when it snows for Cathy. I told him it's not the cats fault, or their fault, and they should not have to get rid of their pets just because mine can be heard from the downtown area.

        Boomer treed the older one several weeks ago. Boomer has an awesome bay. IF I lived in the middle of 100 acres all buy ourselves. Picture me, in my power wheelchair, hollering from the deck in the backyard, at a dog who can't, or better yet, refuses to listen to me. The neighbor is gone, Cathy is not home, and I have Boomer in the backyard Baying at a very young cat. Just wait....... The story gets better. I have never had the need to go around the house to the gate. I finally got so upset that I went out the front door, down the ramp, around the side of the house to go to the gate, and got the chair stuck in the rocks. Go ahead, laugh, it's okay. It's not funny to me........yet. Maybe someday, but not yet.

        We put a wheelchair ramp out to the back yard, so now I can go get them if I need to. However, it's October. We live in Wyoming. If I thought the rocks and being stuck was bad, Just imagine me going down the ramp backwards in my power chair after it gets slick, and getting stuck in the snow. AND, again, its going to get cold! -20 wind chill. nope, I'm not going there. Cathy will not be impressed if she comes home and finds me frozen in the backyard. Maybe I can put chains on my chair. Or put it on ski's......What do I do? LOL!

Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase): myspace.com/shannongerdel