[Dailydrool] Help finding toy

Esther Strom esthermstrom at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 10:04:22 PDT 2008

Nadine,

Is this is? http://www.petco.com/product/102242/Booda-Bellies-Penguin.aspx

Esther Strom and Waldo (ATB 07/18/2008)----- Original Message ----
From: Nadine Mysker <nadine at mysker.com>

Jill the Bagel came to us two years ago from Basset Buddies Rescue as
a foster (yeah, right!) and brought along two toys, a hedghog (which
she never plays with unless another dog touches it) and a penguin.
Pengwy is her baby.  She carries it around whimpering softly until she
successfully hides it from us.  We have found Pengwy in the clean
clothes basket, dirty clothes basket, under beds, inside pillow cases
and duvet covers, in drawers, kitchen cabinets and once even in the
otherwise empty dryer.  At one time Pengwy disappeared for four months
until son cleaned out his closet.  Jill had apparently buried Pengwy
in his fall/winter clothes when he was packing them away last summer.

Here's the problem.  Pengwy has been repaired, re-stuffed, patched &
stitched until she is 1/2 the size of the original.  Yet she continues
to be Jill's sole comfort toy and the only thing that motivates her to
play and run the Basset 500.  We have not been able to locate another.
Pengwy was originally about 7 - 8" tall and 3" in diameter, black &
white with a yellow beak.  Her tag was gone when she arrived at our
home. Our local Petco has never seen one but they have only been in
Lake Geneva, WI for about 3 years.

If any droolers find one, please let me know!

Thanks,
Nadine Mysker, slave to Jill the Bagel