[Dailydrool] Senior love is like no other

Katharine Gillen miss.lottie at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 12:44:45 PDT 2008

Karen, you hit the nail on the head when you said that we, as the adopter of a senior, are the lucky ones.  Indeed, there is no greater joy than seeing the life come back to a deserted soul or health to a neglected basset.  I for one have a very large hole in my heart from the neglect and hurtfulness of people at various stages of my life, and each of my senior bassets has helped to close that hole a little.  Maybe with a few more, the hole will close completely, as I give of myself every day to help them close their "wounds."  There is no greater joy.  Take in a senior; it can help YOU in ways you don't even know.Kate Gillen"All Paws Crossed"