[Dailydrool] Great Escape II

Annette Mucci canine.inspirations at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 09:49:39 PDT 2008

Dear droolers, it's been a while since I posted, but am finally getting caught up on a regular basis.   We are sending drool to all those in need and welcoming all the new buppies and rescues to the drool.

Some time ago - I posted Schroeder's Great Escape.  I called the hubby last night on my way home as I was working late.  He told me he had a heart attack when he walked in the door.  My heart stops.  SAY WHAT?  Both boxers standing at the baby gate jumping for joy.  Hmmm....no Schroeder.  Crate open...AAAGGGHHH.

The great escape part II!  Our little man managed to escape from his crate again.  But not only did he get out of his crate, he managed to squeeze his lovely basset bootie underneath the baby gate to get free access to the house for the day! WOO HOO doggie bliss :-)

I would imagine that once he figured out that the girls couldn't go with him, he probably got bored and slept most of the day once he was done harassing the cats.  Luckily, the only issues were that he pee'd on the floor and there was a tag chewed off a shirt I bought.  Thank DOg!!!  If the girls would have been with him to instigate, I probably wouldn't have much left.  I don't think the basset boy brains are big enough to really figure things out just yet, so we rely on our boxer friends for ideas...like busting through the litter box barricade when mom forgets to clean it during the week!  :-)

I haven't been able to write and share any stories lately, but I was laughing and thinking of the drool as my husband conveyed his discoveries when he got home.

I wanted to take the time to write in and wish all my basset buddies a very happy and safe halloween!!

Lots of Love and Drool,

Annette, Schroeder, Maya & Cassie
http://www.dogster.com/family/471204