[Dailydrool] Maggie's Illness

mi3cs at aol.com mi3cs at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 16:42:29 PDT 2008

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been through with Maggie.? I'm really behind, or I'd have posted this right away.....this sounds exactly like what happened to our Sally several months ago.? Weakness, watery stool that was completely bloody, etc.? It turned out she had atypical Addison's disease..........the typical form occurs when the dog is young.? Sally is nine.........it can be difficult to diagnose, but is extremely treatable.? Sally will be on prednisone for the rest of her life, but she's doing great.? This problem supresses the immune system, so it can be causing all kinds of problems that seem unrelated.? Sally's spleen was infected and had to be removed.........she has had other health problems that our Vet said were probably caused by her immune deficiency.? Ask your vet, look it up on the internet.? It probably would be worth it to rule it out.? Stay well drool for Maggie!