[Dailydrool] Dasuquin

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:44:28 PDT 2008

My guys think Dasuquin is a treat. They snarf it up in their  bowls or
handed to them. Did you get it from your Vet? Maybe they would grind it up
for you and figure a dosage.
Nigel does get one pill he does not like. The way I do it is, I put a
biscuit in my mouth sticking out where he can see it.I open his mouth and
pop the pill waaaay down then toss the cookie in and he eats the treat,
swallowing the pill. You have to be fast, and in the beginning it has to be
a good treat, like cheese or chickie or hot dog-- something the dog is going
want badly enough so he is not thinking about the Dasuquin (which is pretty
big) but is thinking about what you are offering. Maybe start by breaking
the Dasuquin in quarters.

The only medication I have absolutely not been able to get down a dog's
throat was trying to give Zelda Tramadol. It is too bad too, because it was
the one thing that seemed to really help her out.

MomerPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell and Cooper