[Dailydrool] Dasuquin

Vi Osborne imvi at comcast.net
Fri Oct 31 20:34:46 PDT 2008

Thank you Bev and Katie for the ideas.  No, I didn't buy the Dasuquin
from my vet, I bought it from 1800PetMeds.
The tablets do crush easy when smashed with a tablespoon, so I really
don't have to worry about getting them ground up and measuring.  I
just smash each one separately and put it on each of their food.
However, maybe by just breaking them in quarters (like you mentioned
Bev) will not make the taste so strong.  My cocker, Patches and shih
tzu (Gidget), don't mind it one bit.  BUT, my bassets Roscoe & Chloe
and Buster the lab.........well they will walk away from their food if
they smell it in there.  I haven't tried the hotdog or Braunsweiger
yet.  I have put speg sauce on the food to disguise the taste, and
they did eat it.   I thought this was going to be easy, but I should
have known better.
Again thank you for your ideas, I will try each one of them to see
what one will work the best.  <sigh> the things we do for our dogs :-)

~~Vi~~Roscoe, Chloe, Patches, Gidget & Buster