[Dailydrool] Hypothyroidism

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Sep 3 08:13:05 PDT 2008

Hypothyroidism isn't really difficult to control. Your hound will just need to take a synthetic thyroid medication, which is fairly inexpensive. But first you do need to have a T4 test to identify that this is really the problem. Afterwards, you will have to have a second test to check that the levels of the medication are OK.

Our Abner is hypothyroid. But I'm not sure his aggression is related to that. The thyroid medication has not really changed much in that department--the Prozac did wonders for him though. Has your hound had anything else that could cause the aggression? Hypothyroid medication is not a cure-all for aggression.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets