[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm - What's A White Box?

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Sep 4 11:39:08 PDT 2008

It's me again - Norm!

I have been reading the Drools with Mom every night - she says too many
houndies are going to the Bridge and FeyFey is working overtime.  And then
there are all of those houndies who are sick and are having zippers put in
them.  You guys have to quit that - it makes my Mom's eyes leak.   Get well
and heart healing drools to all that need them.

Anyway, I think I need some information.  I have looked all over this BIG
OLD house - I looked upstairs, in the attic (wow - talk about neat sniffs),
in the bedrooms, in the bathrooms, in the kitchen, in all four living rooms,
in the laundry room, in the basement and in the garage - I even checked the
house on wheels - WE DON'T HAVE ANY WHITE BOXES - BIG ONES OR LITTLE ONES!
Now, I did find some interesting COLD boxes but they aren't white.  We have
the super-cold silver box where Frosty the Snowman lives - that's where my
steaks are kept until I order one up for dinner.  The cold black box in the
kitchen is where my special chicken and rice stew is kept, right beside my
yoghurt, my cottage cheese, my liver treats, my cheese cubes, my apple
slices, my turkey slices, my beef stew . well, you get the idea.  This cold
black box also has the magic ice machine - I can jump up and push the button
and it makes ice cubes fall out all over the floor - Dad really likes it
when I do that - yeah, right!  That is where my homemade Frosty Paws are
kept too!  Then there is the big brown cold box in the garage - that is
where my bottled water and Perier . Perrier . Fancy Water is kept . at just
the correct temperature for cooling down on a steamy day.  Then there is the
black cold box in the house on wheels - it has the same stuff as the big
black cold box in the kitchen.

Now, those of you who know me and my Mom, know that King Nick did a
wonderful job of slave training.  I have some of the best slaves in the
whole world - after all, they bought me my very own house on wheels, a super
big van, and they keep my big black cold box filled with all of my special,
home-cooked food.  AND - they take me to Dairy Queen whenever I want - well,
almost whenever I want.  BUT . they don't go out to eat much - I think it is
'coz my Mom is such a good cook (you can tell she is 'coz she's fluffy from
taste-testing her cooking!).  Anyway, Dad likes Mom's cooking more than
anybody else's cooking and Mom LOVES to cook - she says it is therapy.   She
makes fancy stuff like Couscous, southern stuff like Tennessee green beans
(yummmm), GREAT chicken enchiladas, Filet Mignon on the grill, Cordon Bleu,
German Sauerbraten, German Schnitzel, chicken & dumplings, homemade chicken
noodle soup .. Are you hungry yet????   Anyway, I don't get those little
white boxes from restaurants . but I sure do get lots of good food.

So, I just want to check this out -I think my slaves are properly trained -
and I have my hands full training Opie, so I really don't have time to
retrain them.  But, Cakie - inquiring minds want to know -- little white
restaurant boxes aren't required for proper slave training, are they????
Especially if you have them trained to cook for you and make gourmet meals
and treats to your specifications - right????

Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys