[Dailydrool] Dad got busted!

Shannon R Gerdel pheleant at msn.com
Thu Sep 4 13:35:07 PDT 2008

Good afternoon,

        To all of you that have lost a Hound to the Bridge, we are so sorry. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

        Several months ago, I told Jim, a friend of mine, that Cathy and I were thinking about adopting two seniors who were impounded because their house burnt down. Jim knows the three that we have now. When I told him about the seniors, he replied, "Are you NUTS?!?!"

        I e-mailed Jim a little while ago to ask him if he would be a reference for Cathy and I. We are going to assist in a transport this week-end for two homeless Hounds. Jim's reply:

"Absolutely, if you promise that you won't keep them. (:"

        I did not tell Jim that they are going to be here overnight. FIVE Bassets in our house Saturday night. I think Jim is right. I'm nuts! Those of you on the Daily Drool are to blame though, you have all been a rotten influence on me! And I am so happy that you have! There was a time when I would not allow a Sixty plus pound dog to sit on my lap in my recliner. Now, Boomer just helps himself.

        Healing and comforting Houndie Hugs and soothing Snooter Kisses from our house to yours, take all you need!

How does a Basset become an OEBE? Arnie needs an application!

Boomer: dogster.com/dogs/235129
Babe: dogster.com/dogs/261208
Arnie: dogster.com/dogs/281040
Shannon (an absolute, total, complete BassetCase): myspace.com/shannongerdel