[Dailydrool] Purina Dog Chow

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 04:25:46 PDT 2008

:>>>>>>>>>>>>Well said, Becky.  We feed Purina Pro Plan to Frank and Sarah
and one of my co-workers who has an Australian Shepherd was appalled.  She
feeds "Sammy Snacks", our local gourmet people-grade food, since there's
"nothing better".  Well, when we got Frank, we tried Sammy's food since
Sarah was eating it at the time, and it was way too rich for Frank's system,
causing him to have really runny poops all the time.  Frank's breeder
suggested Pro Plan since a lot of breeders have raised a lot of great dogs
who all ate Purina products.  It's just fine, and Frank and Sarah like it,
and we've never looked back.>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope this thread has not been "put to bed" yet as we are behind on drools
and have no clue.  I have tried Nutro Natural Choice, Canidae, Dick Van
Patton's, Royal Canin, and Blue Buffalo food over the past few years.  Just
wanting to find something that will work for the LaRock hounds here (all 4
of them).  Way back when it was just Maggie here, about 4 years ago, we used
to feed Purina Dog Chow. Well, once we adopted Mazzie I started trying out
new foods.  Our Maggie has instances of arm pit yuckies and such.  My
husband has a theory.  He gets upset every time I want to try a new food.
His theory is that "we didn't have these problems back when we were feeding
Maggie the other food."  He thinks that we did not have any issues of her
armpits or any other problems for the reasons I keep switching dog food when
we were feeding Purina Dog Chow.  My mother and brother feed both of their
chocolate labs Purina Dog Chow and they are very shiny and healthy.
Currently, we have: Maggie and Oliver on Blue Buffalo, Mazzie on Purina One
Sensitive System, and Cooper on Purina One Puppy Chow.   Cooper's breeder
suggested the Purina One Puppy.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie, Oliver and Cooper