[Dailydrool] Foster for Rescue!

Deborah L Hartpence hartpence at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 8 10:16:20 PDT 2008

Thank you Sylvie for the plea to foster!  As with every other rescue right now, Ohio Basset Rescue is taking in dogs faster than we are taking in foster homes, resulting in an overflow of bassets with no where to go.  We have kenneled, paid to keep them at vet offices, begged, and pleaded for foster homes.  I think Helena Poist once told me to post to Craig's list that we needed foster homes, and we have even done that, but need more.  Please, please!  if you are able to foster a dog on a temporary basis, contact your local basset rescue!  I can almost guarantee that you will get a great feeling of being able to help just one dog, and may even like it so much that you will continue.  Without great foster homes, no rescue would be able to keep up the numbers like they do, and so many dogs would be 'put to sleep' at shelters due to lack of space.