[Dailydrool] Well Said Charlie and Sylvie!!

Melissa and Jo mibassetrescue at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 13:00:58 PDT 2008

You both have said it so well....No Rescue Can Exist Without Foster Homes!!
Call your nearest group and Volunteer! I loved what Charlie said:

"And when it's time to go to a forever home, any tear in parting is
overcome by a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction in caring. You
might well see a Basset you helped at a Waddle or other activity
wagging its' tail with their adoptive family.  Tears of happiness then
are OK too. You made a very special difference."

SO, SO True!! Foster parents LOVE seeing their former house guests with
their adoring new Forever Families at our Waddle. Do the bassets ever forget
their love and kindness? NEVER! They always recognize them and get excited
when they are reunited with their foster folks.

Look at it this way, Bassets are like potato chips...you can't have just one
..you KNOW you'd like to have twenty or thirty!! Well...this way, you can
have as many as your heart desires...one or two at a time!! It's fun to get
to know each and every one. They are all individuals with different
personalities...just like little people in fur coats! It's absolutely
addicting to take in a sick or neglected basset and watch the transformation
to healthy and confident...happy eyes that used to be dull or fearful, that
first wag of the tail that before had been tucked under a fearful, trembling
body. These bassets are SO resilient!! Their "determined" personality (some
call it stubborn, I prefer determined) gives them the strength to overcome
miserable pasts or horrific illnesses. When YOU are the center of this
transformation...well, it's a "high". You'll want to do it again and again.

Pick up that phone or write that email right now!! Become a foster family!!
Somewhere out there is a basset hound who needs you...TODAY!!

Melissa
Michigan Basset Rescue
100% Recycled Bassets
http://www.michiganbassetrescue.org