[Dailydrool] Kisses, drool, and sad departures

Katie Strobel katie.strobel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 22:05:51 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,
Watson and I have been having quite a busy time so I've only been
reading lately. However, we did feel the need to weigh in on a few
issues.

First, I was overwhelmed by the number of hounds leaving for the
bridge lately. Tears come to my eyes every time I read about the loss
of a hound. It reminds me of my losses and how unbearable it will be
to loose Watson when the time comes. I know that my drool family will
be there for me - just like we are all here for all of those whose
hearts are broken right now. We light a candle tonight for all those
who have left recently. The only comfort is to be found by knowing
that you gave those hounds a wonderful life while you could, and they
all know that you love them and they cannot wait to meet you at the
bridge, shower you with loves, and show you around the place.

Second, Watson would like everyone to know that he gives the best
kisses in the world. He doesn't over kiss - one will do, but that one
will cover your whole face. Beware if you ask for kisses from Watson
after a long walk in the park - you'll get a face covered in sloppy
drool and a very delighted hound. One way to elicit kisses from Watson
is to give him a big wet kiss right on the nose. That's his cue to
give you a big kiss right back. I love to kiss Watson on the side of
his head right in front of his ears, one the white strip that runs
down his nose between his eyes, and on the velvety top of his head. I
also love to grab both of his ears, smush them together at the top of
his head, and kiss them both at the same time....we won't even start
to talk about stealing kisses from his sweet, soft, pink-spotted
belly....

Third, Watson slept so close to me last night that I woke up because
his nose was under my chin. He was burrowing under my chin because he
was cold, and so he thought that I could sacrifice my comfort and
warmth to supplement his....which, of course, I did happily. That
reminds me....

Fourth, about OEBE and BABES...I think Watson is a hybrid....as an
example, the other day he stole my peanut butter and jelly sandwich
out of my backpack and brought the baggie to me and wanted me to open
it and feed it to him. He also brought out - one by one - all of my
highlighters. Instead of chewing them up, he simply took them to the
couch and laid on all of them. He eats dog poop like a camp (and loves
the warm ones) but refuses to eat his food unless there is a nice
mixture of wet and dry food coupled with warmed green beens. He now
will sleep in his crate but whines at 6am to be let out - If I let him
sleep in the x-pen, I have to scratch his back and rub his ears for 10
minutes to get him out of bed at 9 - when he's with me in Wyoming, he
sleeps on the bed...diagonally. Or - for example - yesterday when he
refused to sleep in the car on the way back to Wyoming, but didn't
want anything more than to sit on my lap and rest his head on the
steering wheel. I had to pull over on the interstate to get him back
in the backseat and then love him until he laid down and went back to
sleep before we could continue on our way. His naughtiness is mixed
with equal parts sweetness and selfishness - I guess he's just a
unique blend :)

Snooters to those with broken hearts. Drool to those who are sick.
Hugs,
Katie and Watson (sleeping diagonally the bed because he can)