[Dailydrool] Some drool, more issues with the "mystery lump"

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:03:44 PDT 2008

If there's a small amount of drool still flowing, Joey Hound could use a
bit... The "mystery bump" from a few weeks ago isn't looking so good again!
It's starting to turn pink, not quite to the infected stage, but not happy,
and seems to have grown in size in the past 2 weeks... Vet said we could
wait and see, but he aspirated it, and, Joey sat down when he stuck the
needle in, so now he's bleeding on top of it...

But, we all agreed that as much as I'd like to avoid surgery, surgery it is.
I didn't want to leave him there overnight, in a cage, w/o his momma and
family, so we're taking him back in tomorrow @ 8:30-ish, so they can do the
surgery right away in the morning, and he should be good to go by the time I
get off work. I'm sure he'll be most displeased with having to forgo his
breakfast, but we'll ive him a good dinner. Also, vetman said he thinks
'cause of his age, and predilection for bizarre skin issues, that it's a
histicytoma, which, from what I've read means benign, and not cancer, so
that's what we're hoping for!! So, if there's a small bit of drool that can
be spared, my boy could use some, at 8:30 tomorrow morning, that this
"mystery lump" isn't anything bad...

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Waddling for Rescue: http://www.firstgiving.com/kueckerhounds

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473