[Dailydrool] The great basset lick

Basset911 at aol.com Basset911 at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 23:54:37 PDT 2008

Or how to freak out a crowd of onlookers.....

On the checks, ears, blowing raspberries on the bellies - all the hounds
have different favorite kiss spots, and of course we all comply as  directed.
My favorite hound kiss is of course in a crowd setting.
Enter new hound and owner looking for a companion to adopt.
Human says - Gee, my hound refuses to give kisses.  As if that would  be the
end of the line.
I get down, and talk to the hound in question, who usually ignores me or
trots away.  During their stay I work that hound and work that hound and
finally.... just as the hound is getting ready to get away with not being kissed  -
WHAMO
I lick their face.

If a hound won't GIVE kisses, they sure as heck GET them around here.
(And its really great fun to hear the Ewwwwwwww cry from the crowd as  well.
Listerine is great for things other than hotspots and ear  infections... us
humans can gargle it too ya know <g>)

Currently the favorite kiss of the day is the shy snooter kiss from Mr.
Golden Amos of Daphneyland -16 years of age and snobby with his kisses.   His
first encounter with Aunti Dawni's kiss was a full on lick while he was  muzzled
for a bath, ear cleaning and NAIL TRIM.... and then he decided he  had better
kiss me or I'd lick him.  ROFL.   A gentle snooter  kiss from Amos - now that's
an achievement.

Dawn of the West
Hound kisser of Daphneyland
(Word to the wise - this technique is best attempted in the morning  BEFORE
poop eating may begin....)
_www.barniatdaphneyland.org_ (http://www.barniatdaphneyland.org)