[Dailydrool] When it rains it pours...

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 06:54:31 PDT 2008

I thought Doheny would be feeling better since we stopped the antibiotics, but she was up vomiting several times last night. I guess her little body is just saying it's had enough of those stones! We know there isn't an infection in there, so she must be finally letting on how bad she really feels.

And sweet old Barney is under the weather too. Not sure what is going on yet or if we need to see the vetman. Last night he was just standing in the hall and didn't want to move. His tail was at half mast giving a sorry little wag. This morning he ate breakfast just fine (imagine that) but then when I went upstairs to get dressed to take Kahuna to a show, Barney was laying on the bed shivering. He didn't really wag his tail but did lift his leg so I could get a belly rub in.

Between the two, I decided not to go to the show - we needed the practice with Nationals in a couple of weeks! - and to stay home and keep an eye on everyone. Doheny got a Pepto Bismol tablet instead of breakfast and seems a little better. Barney is outside now and I'll walk him around in a bit to see if we need a vet visit or we can just wait and see. Of course, since my car knows the way there by itself, I can just load him up and send him on just like the tube system at the bank drive up. The vet can do whatever they need and send him back - wouldn't that be nice?

We also have Woofstock for NEBHR tomorrow, and I don't know if Barney will be able to go with me or not. It may just be Bud and Kahuna. Ah, well, not making that 2 1/2 hour drive (each way) today means I can use the gas money to pay the vet. I have time to get the long overdue oil change on the BUV too, since we make the 3 day drive to Texas in less than 2 weeks.

Since he's all dressed up with no where to go, I put Kahuna on Drool Duty, so he is working on a supply for Morse, and other sick houndies, and healing heart drool for the families of Casey, Lovely Lu, and all the others gone to the bridge.

Synthia and
Bud, Barney, Zuma, Doheny, Kahuna
Ace the Newf
Saintly Miss Maggie & Baja