[Dailydrool] Signs of Life

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Sat Sep 13 07:29:48 PDT 2008

As I posted earlier this week, Lucy has turned 13.  She is also stone deaf.  If
she is out in the yard, we have to go get her.  To get her attention I usually
tap her on the butt and use hand signals.  This means when she is alseep, she is
**really** asleep.  She was sleeping in the back bedroom one day and didn't know
I was home from work for 30 minutes.  We have taken to checking her breathing
upon entering any room since she doesn't notice us.

This being said, Friday, my husband Paul took me out for lunch.  When we arrived
back home we were greeted by Abby and Eli.  Lucy was sprawled on the floor, half
on a dog bed.  My office phone started ringing and I told Paul to "check for
breathing" and I ran for my phone.  A few minutes later, Paul came back to my
office and told me Lucy was fine.  He said, "I farted and saw her nose twitch.
She's good"

Yet another way to check in with your basset.

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Lucy, Abby, Eli and Eyson (ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"They had buried him under our elm tree, they said-yet this was not totally true.
For he really lay buried in my heart. "  Willie Morris, My Dog Skip