[Dailydrool] CBHR Howl-O-Ween Party

Debbie Malta dmalta at nc.rr.com
Tue Sep 16 05:49:02 PDT 2008

CBHR's annual Howl-O-Ween Party is coming up in a few short weeks. It will be on Saturday, October 25 at Jordan Lake in Apex, NC (Raleigh area). This is a fun day at the lake for the whole family and a big day for the bassets. We have a catered BBQ lunch followed by contests with prizes for the dogs - best costume, bobbing for weenies, a limbo contest and a howling contest. There's also a doggy ice cream social with Frosty Paws for all. We'll have a DJ and a  book signing by Bob Blanchard, author of "Deer Aint Peggy", a collection of 50 letters written by a basset hound to his friends and relatives. The rest of the day is full of socializing, shopping, raffles, silent auctions and live auctions.

We had one person purchase 85 lunch tickets, so we're expecting a really big crowd this year! We would love to meet some of the Droolers from the Carolinas and surrounding areas. There is a dog-friendly LaQuinta close by in Cary, and camping is available at Jordan Lake State Park.

Lunch tickets are $6 for adults, and $3 for kids 2-12. If you'd like to skip the lunch, the rest of the event is free. Tickets must be purchased at least one week in advance. I'm the coordinator for this event, so you can email me directly to RSVP and purchase tickets.

Hope you can make it!

Debbie & CBHR hounds Zoe & Sullie and foster Miss Penny