[Dailydrool] Our first adoption

Susan Stoker sue117 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:43:56 PDT 2008

When we adopted Blue back in 2000 I am amazed that we were able to adopt her!
We had lots of strikes against us:
1. We were a "military" family
2. We were renting a townhouse with no fenced yard
3. We had never had a basset before
Good things for us:
1. We had no children
2. We had both had dogs in our past before
3. We were living in MO where they have WAY too many dogs and not enough adopters.

Luckily Kim Dunn and MABR decided we were "worthy" and let us adopt Blue...Albert quickly followed the next year (still no fenced yard and still military). Ozzie followed after that (while we were living in CA--MABR still helped us get him).

So I agree with the fact that some people who don't seem like the best candidates can be great, and vice versa.

It's like a job interview...you can THINK that you are getting the perfect adopters, but a week after they are hired you find out differently!

Susan Stoker and the Tank Hounds