[Dailydrool] MacKenzie's paw

jacanny at aol.com jacanny at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 08:50:04 PDT 2008

The drool must be working.  MacKenzie told me to let everyone know that she's feeling a bit better.  She was limping a lot less (and walking more) this morning.  In fact, she had almost no limp at all when we got to the Vets.  (Isn't that always the way!)  She's on an anti-inflammatory medication since the pain appears to be in the wrist joint, rather than the leg.  But, if it persists, she'll go in for xrays to look for Pano.  She's had her Lyme shots, but there's always the possibility that she's one of the few that it doesn't work.  Here in CT, Lyme is always an issue.  So she's on "bed rest", which means Gallagher is on bed rest too.  She may have injured her paw jumping off the furniture!
I'm just glad to see her personality back.  It was a scary day yesterday.  Fever, not eating and limping.