[Dailydrool] the "off" command

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 10:18:52 PDT 2008

Hey all,
   As requested here is the post for training a basset not to take food. First off though Pw. Tasselhoff would like to address Pw. Jacques concern that Tas and Fiz have been brainwashed.

My dearest Pw. Jacques,
Thank you very much for your concern about the well being of my brother Fizban and myself. However,I can assure that I have the matter firmly in paw. I have found that allowing a slave the illusion of control from time to time makes them much easier to train. It requires a subtle touch but can have remarkable results when applied correctly. To punctuate my point let me offer a few observations as to how things are truly run at my domain.

I would like to point out first and foremost that my full name is  PW. Tasselhoff Burfoot, C.G.C, I.T.A and Pw. Ms. Brandy doesn't hand those titles out lightly. I became a Pw after insisting that my slave cook bacon for me at 2:30 in the morning and Fey Fey herself concurred from the bridge. Second I have food available at all times. I insist on being free fed so kibble is available 24/7, I also have a bowl of dog biscuits that is available 24/7, and a bowl of PIG EARS also available 24/7. I'm sure at this point you think I must be exaggerating but I'm sure that Red and Violet, a pair of doxie pups that live with their basset siblings in Washington would be more than willing to verify this. They visited last spring and sampled the available culinary delights. At dinner time, I demand chicken or turkey broth on my kibble with a pawfull of meat on top (roast beef, chicken, ham, whatever I had the slave cook for this purpose on Sunday). Then when the slave eats her dinner she must share, as in a bite for Tas, a bite for Fiz, a bite for the slave and so on. Granted it's a bit generous for the slave to get the same number of bites as the hounds, but if the slave doesn't keep up her strength who's going to keep the pig ear bowl filled? Last but not least, nobody believes that a hound can execute this command so Fiz and I have numerous requests to demonstrate, the more requests, the more chicken.

So while I again thank you for your concern, things are going quite well. You and the rest of the OEBEs are quite welcome to visit and pawtake of the opulence but "rescuing" (((shudder))) is simply not required. In fact, Fizban should be repawting in soon with some new advances he has made in slave training and grandpaw-slave training as well. As this is longer than anticipated I will have my slave type the instructions for the off command in another post. Please do not be offended by the slaves misguided thoughts of control as it is merely a well designed illusion.

Sincerely,

Pw. Tasselhoff Burfoot, C.G.C, I.T.A