[Dailydrool] Drool right in the eye!

dpmcquade at juno.com dpmcquade at juno.com
Wed Sep 24 19:32:18 PDT 2008

I know Abner has slung drool for many hounds/humans in his time, but today he needs a little slung in his direction.

The other day I took him to the vet because he had a funny-looking eye. We got medication, but Abs is very cranky about my putting medication in any part of him, and though he let me do it once, the second time was not the charm. He ran away, snapped at me, and otherwise made it clear this was not tolerated whenever I made an effort to medicate him. Today I finally managed to get some in, but later in the day, his eye just looked worse. So off we went to the vet's.

Long story short, I have to call the ophthalmologist tomorrow. Abby needs to go see him (as if Bel going to him weren't enough!). But we have a problem: The doc can prescribe all kinds of medications, but if I can't put them in Abner's eye, it does no good at all.

So sling some drool right in his left eye, to make it all better; or sling it to his head bone, so he'll let me do what I need to. But please, sling some drool our way.
Pam, with Drew, food slave to the Dashing Bassets