[Dailydrool] Abner and eye drops

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Fri Sep 26 06:54:26 PDT 2008

Poor Abner - we hope his eye problem isn't glaucoma.
There are other eye conditions that require eye drops
and we hope it is the simplest, least problematic situation
possible.  Eye drops are not fun and they tend to be
pretty expensive, although because they are usually
human quality, a lot of them are available at Walmart
for $4.  This, of course, is NOT true for the ones that
the Lindy hounds use.  I keep checking that list and
they're never there.

We give two kinds of eye drops here three times a day
to Pauline for her glaucoma and twice a day to Elmo for
his episcleritis.  And Bosley, who is still quite needy, gets
fake eye drops whenever he requests them, which he does
by trotting up and sitting very close to whoever's getting an
eye drop at the moment. It took me a few times to figure out
that was he wanted but after giving him the first fake drop, he
made a bee line to sit and wait by the treat jar for his cookie.
Yep, my gang  loves eye drop time because at the end,
everyone gets a small treat.  Miss Pauline, who still gets
glaucoma eye drops for her remaining eye, will come to us,
sit down and look up at us if we happen to forget her afternoon
drop.  Gracie, the ultimate treat hound, will also remind us - she
gets flower essence drops for her seizures at the same time
Miss Pauline gets her eye drops so she associates those drops
with a treat, too.

And yes, I feel like the queen of "drops"!

Good luck, Abner!

Donna, drool fueler and drop giver for Elmo, Pw Pauline,
Gracie and Bosley, still missing Dudley ATB