[Dailydrool] Medical dramas

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 07:57:12 PDT 2008

On Fiday, Rolph and Clara went to visit the XH for the first time in weeks - and came home covered in flea bites, even though they are both protected by Stronghold.In fact Clara had chewed two holes in her tummy because she was so tormented. They look so sore and are weeping, but I'm reluctant to put anything like savlon on her in case she licks it off. Suggestions very welcome.

Then yesterday my younger daughter developed a cough which by today was a full-blown chest infection, which, as she is a chronic asthmatic meant we had to find an emergency clinic

AND then, while we were waiting for the emergency clinic to call back with an appointment, Rolph swallowed a 3ins rib bone which he found while we were out for a walk and didn't want me to take away.

Although he seems to have  cast iron gut, I can't think even his stomach can cope with this, so also had to phone for an emergency vet appointment - which, being Sunday, is £100 to walk in the door -let alone any treatment.

My daughter now has antibiotics and Rolph is booked in for an XRay tomorrow, although I can rush him in at any point before if he looks at all like he's in distress. A the moment he just seems a little lethargic, but is enjoying the attention and eating all proffered treats.

A little drool would be appreciated.

Sally, slave to Rolph and Clara, step slave to Tessie, Henry and Solomon ATB