[Dailydrool] FW: A Very Worried MomP

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Mon Sep 29 12:13:39 PDT 2008

  _____

From: Bambi McLeskey [mailto:mrs_mcleskey3 at yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2008 2:11 PM
To: 'dailydrool at dailydrool.org'
Subject: A Very Worried MomP

Hello Droolers,

The boys are sending drool to all those in need. And Drake is asking for
drool for this worried MomP. Last night Drake was sleeping peacefully in his
little bed, when all of a sudden he let out a blood curdling howl. Since
Drake doesn't howl, I got worried, shot out of bed, and hit the lights. He
was standing stiff as a board, tail out, ears down eyes half open baying as
hard as he could. I got him calmed down and he went outside, and refused to
come back in. I assumed he had a nightmare, and wanted to snuggle with
brudder Ahroo for comfort. This morning (11) when I went to refill the water
bowl and give treats before I left for work, he was walking slowly and not
talking. Normally they maul the gate in the hopes that they are spending the
day unsupervised inside (haha, yeah right). Ahroo-ba did as expected, but
Drake just kinda waddled over and looked at me. Then laid down. No talking,
no barkin, nothing. For over twenty years, I watched seizures in a human (my
brother) and afterwards he was always a little cranky, sleepy, slow and
disoriented. I watched this all over again with my little boy this morning.
Cannot take off work, but did speak with the vet. They told me it was too
late to verify if that's what it was or not, but to make an emergency call
the next time he had one. They would try and come to my house. I had to
leave the little boogers in the back yard for me to work and will not be
home until 11pm tonight. No one to check on them, and I'm terrified
something is seriously wrong. I may be over reaching this problem, since I
lost my brother to complications of his epilepsy, but my husband is in
training, I'm at work, and I cant seem to shake the something wrong part of
my day. Any suggestions of someone who has dealt with this or at least seen
it are greatly appreciated. Thanks Droolers, Love from all the boys in this
house, and from MomP too!

Bambi and da boys