[Dailydrool] Shorty of the BBC Gang July 24, 1997-Sept 26,2008

Nancy wheezalot at bex.net
Mon Sep 29 14:23:35 PDT 2008

Shorty left for the Bridge after a very rapid onset of Lymphoma.
He was simply the best dog in the world. He had awful conformation but a
wonderful personality. And he was the smartest dog I have ever owned.
He worked as a Therapy Dog for five years and was the only non human to
ever be honored as the Volunteer of the Year at one of our local
hospitals.
He raised two Clumber Spaniels and accepted countless fosters and foster
failures into our home. He taught Dash (ATB) all the fine points of
counter surfing. He trained my Mom to bake extra Christmas cookies just
so he could steal them from the table. He stole countless loaves of
bread and bags of potatoes. He let blind Roddy follow him nose to tail
outside every day for years until Roddy went to the Bridge. He would go
out in the yard and find Jake the Beagle when I asked him to. Jake is 17
and gets a bit confused. Shorty always brought him in safely. He won
many a "Best Trick" contest at various Waddles.
Shorty was the Original Basset of the BBC Gang. Without him, I would
have never found the Drool, the Basset-L, fostering and failing,
obedience classes or the many friends I have made over the years.
I know he was met at the Bridge by Gary and my Mom, who he was named
for, and they had a wonderful reunion. But my house is so empty now.

He was my heart and soul.

Nancy,mom to the BBC gang