[Dailydrool] Scary day

Karen sparks_red at att.net
Mon Sep 29 16:43:18 PDT 2008

What a scary day we had at The Dog House today and thought I would pass this on in hopes that it doesn't happen to anyone else's furbaby.  First the day starts out reading about the drooler who had the chip bag stuck on her head.  I am so glad that someone was there and that she is okay.

So while cleaning the bathroom, I hear the kids starting barking and Sadie doing her "help me" squealy yelp.  My first though was "Oh no, someone is getting snarky and picking on Sadie" followed by a crash.  Momma kicked her feet into super speed.  I see Sadie dragging the legs of the wrought iron bistro table as she is running for the other end of the kitchen with the three other dogs running after her. She was yelping and the rest were howling.  Somehow she had managed to hook her collar on one of the scrolls of the table legs.  Scared the holy crud out of me!  It took a while but I finally managed to get the rest of the kidz away from her and get her unhooked.  Needless to say after the table being in the kitchen for the past two years it is no longer going to be in the house or anywhere the kidz have access to.  Luckily when the table hit the attachment that held the mosaic tile top broke off and none of the kids were hit. . She was thoroughly
 checked out by Ruby, Abby, Tucker and myself and was scared and still a bit skittish, but otherwise fine.  She is being quite spoiled now and definitely glued to my side.

Momma is now on the hunt for breakaway collars.  I know they make them for cats, but I haven't found one for dogs yet.  If anyone has seen one  or has another suggestion, please let me know.  I would love to take their collars completely off but I worry that if they get loose they won't get returned even though they are chipped.

Droolz,
Karen