[Dailydrool] Drool Please

Katherine Nininger k9inger at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 07:39:22 PDT 2008

Mostly Beau and I lurk, though we have been members for the eight years I've
had him.  Through the years I've learned wonderful things and laughed and
cried with the rest of you.  Now, however, Beau could use some drool.  At
the end of July he landed at the emergency vet with what looked like bloat.
I've never been more relieved to hear that was not what he had, though they
weren't real sure what was going on.  Since that time he has lost about 10
lbs.  The vet isn't quite sure what is going on, but gut instinct is not
good.  This is his second visit in a week and we're going to try some heart
meds ( a vasodilator) on the off chance some heart problems have caused
pressure on his internal organs.  Our little country vet doesn't have an
ultrasound machine, but feels as though we're looking at carcinoma of the
spleen or liver.  If he's not better by Monday, we're going to send him to
the bridge.  It's killing me, but I'm going to make his last week here as
wonderful as I can.....
Katherine and Beau