[Dailydrool] Rescue wanted and more

mary allison-swain mrogue at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:51:24 PDT 2008

Hello,
 I haven't posted for many a moon and frankly have not been keeping up with the DD as I was constantly wanting to cry all the time. I still do, when I keep reading about all the loved ones heading on to the bridge.My deepest condolences to you all who have lost your dear baby dogs.
 A couple of things.
 First of all I felt so bad reading about the schnauzers that were debarked. When I worked for the vet I absolutely hated that procedure. So did my vet and he stopped doing it along with ear cropping. I also hated adult dog tail crops unless it was a theraputic reason. There were many stock dogs in Colorado and many had their tails done as older dogs versus post whelping. Cat declawing was right up there too.
 Secondly, not too long ago there was a young male red hound surrendered to an animal shelter in Kentucky. Ring a bell? Does anyone know what became of the dog? Is he still looking for a home?
 Which leads me to ask or explain. I know a very nice young couple, the fella is our feed rep at the farm I work for, who lost their basset boy to cancer about a year ago now. They have decided it is time to come out of  mourning and find a new baby to love. Their first basset was a rescue and they are looking high and low for another rescue but this time would like a young dog ,a yearling or even younger. Their first basset was between two or three when they adopted him and he died at a young age, I believe he was only seven or eight. I know that they were devastated, Brian always said they were the "three muskateers".
 They are very willing to rescue before they look for a breeder, but they really are ready to fill the empty place in their hearts and home. Does anyone out there know of a young dog needing a foster home or new family? The couple I am referring to lives in Winchester Virginia. They have been looking at Tri-State, Mid Atlantic, Brood, Bluegrass, Ohio and even the rescue in Muskego Wisconsin
as well as Pennsylvania rescues. I know they are hoping to find a stocky smushy type baby and I know hearts are set on a purebred. I know they were hoping maybe the Kentucky hound was available.
  They thought about going for a Golden Retriever but want to stick to a Drooler!
 If any one has an idea or feelers can go out I think that would be wonderful.
 I know they will look to find a breeder next, so any good input on that is great too!
  Kind regards
 Mary and the Hooligan Hounds